The Trecan Advantage
Not all Snowmelters are alike...
- Trecan is the only Snowmelter manufacturer that uses Submerged Combustion Technology, which produces a thermal efficiency of approximately 98 %, markedly higher than any other Snowmelter manufacturer. As a result, Trecan Snowmelters have much lower fuel consumption per ton of snow melted.
- Water temperature leaving a Trecan Snowmelter is approximately 35 Degrees F. Other Snowmelters with higher discharge temperatures require additional heat input. Heating the water to 60 Degrees F would require an additional 6,750,000 BTU/HR or 48 GPH of fuel. Discharging water at 60 Degrees or higher can be harmful to the environment.
- Higher efficiency also means lower total CO2 emissions per ton of melted snow. All the engine waste heat is directed into the melting process for even higher efficiency.
- Unlike other Snowmelter manufacturers, Trecan Snowmelters are easy to clean, since there are no boiler tubes, pumps or other obstructions inside the melting tank.
- Trecan is the only Snowmelter manufacturer that is ISO:9001:2015 certified.
- Only Trecan Snowmelters are equipped with a Remote Communications Package that allows for 24 / 7 diagnostic checks and trouble shooting.
- Trecan guarantees the capacity of each of our Snowmelter models.
- Trecan has over 800 installations worldwide.